What is a CMS?
A Content Management System (CMS) is software that allows you to more easily manage a website and its associated web pages. Instead of manually building the pages, a CMS like WordPress makes the job easier, using templates and a built-in editor for most features.
What makes WordPress a good choice for a CMS?
WordPress was primarily created as a blogging platform. However, over the years, it has become a full-fledged CMS solution. Its advantages include:
- Easy to use and modify templates for any custom look.
- Thousands of pre-made templates, both free and commercial.
- Ability to have multiple editors and authors for various sections of the website.
- Powerful, easy to use graphical editor (WYSIWYG) to allow anyone to create content on a page.
- Built-in menu system allowing for the quick creation of navigation and links
- Updated frequently to offer the latest features and security patches